A good video editing app is useful, especially for bloggers and marketers. Today, we're increasingly comfortable capturing and editing video, partly due to the penetration of mobile devices. However, according to our research, the computer is still the primary video processing platform for most people.
There are oceans of video editing tools and in this post we will focus on one of them, Filmora Studio. With our introduction, you can find out everything you need to know about it, including the best alternative video editors.
Part 1: Introduction to Filmora Studio
Filmora Studio released by Wondershare is a professional way to edit videos on Windows and Mac. Its main features include:
1. Provide advanced video editing tools such as clip, trim, split, trim, merge, etc.
2. Support almost all video and audio formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, M4V and others.
3. Offers various subscription models to meet different needs.
4. Available for free download on Windows 10/8/8.1/7 and Mac OS X/11/12.
1. This professional video editor contains many video filters and effects.
2. All functions are easy to use.
1. Beginners may get confused since you can’t search for effects or transitions.
2. Cutter mode only allows one clip at a time.
3. It can’t handle 360-degree or VR videos.
4. WVE project file and not compatible with most players. You should convert WVE to MP4 for further editing or playback.
Part 2: How to Use Filmora Studio
As mentioned earlier, Filmora Studio contains a wide range of features. To help beginners and ordinary people understand it quickly, we will share step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Import media files
Launch Filmora Studio after you have downloaded it for free. You can import video files from your computer by clicking Import Media in the Import menu, or record videos using the Record tool. The video will then be displayed in the Media Library window.
Step 2: Edit Video Clips on the Timeline
Select a video clip and drag it onto the timeline. Then you can find some basic video editing tools such as Trim, Flip, and Rotate. Select the video in the timeline and right-click on it and you will find the Trim and Split tools. To improve a video clip, select and click the Adjustments icon to access contrast, saturation, brightness, and other settings in the Adjustments dialog box.
Step 3: Decorate Video Clips
Return to the Media Library window, select the video clip to polish, and apply effects, audio, or elements to the video. These features usually offer custom parameters to create the desired effects.
Step 4: Export or share your video
After editing the video, you will be presented with several directions. To save the video to your computer, go to the Local tab in the Export dialog box, select the correct video format, and enter the required information. The Device tab allows you to export video for portable devices. Filmora Studio also allows you to share videos to YouTube or Vimeo directly.